According to John Reed (Robert Half Consulting), companies can only set up a well functioning recruiting and retention process if they obey the following rules:
1) Individual employee development
- It is important to know, which training the individual employee considers relevant for him-/herself.
- Regular conversations with the employees are necessary as wishes and requirements change.
2) Delegate responsibility and foster teamwork
- Employees aim at taking over responsibility. Managers therefore shall be willing to delegate tasks.
- Find a proper relation between individual and team projects.
3) Support IT experts in developing new capabilities
- Soft Skills are considered most important as they facilitate the cooperation with other colleagues.
- SMEs tend to neglect training measures in their daily business.They shall remember that employess want to train existing and develop new skills.